Created on Monday, 07 March 2011 11:50
Here is the latest news on the Camp projects currently underway:
- The Camp received a review comment letter from Snohomish County a week ago regarding the Conditional Use Permit we’ve submitted. We will be responding with further information and clarifications. So far, the process is proceeding well. Please pray that the plans will be approved this year with support from the community and few revisions required by the County.
- While we complete the final plans for the Cedar Lodge restroom project and then wait for building permits from the County, work started last month on some major repair work in the dish room that must be done before the main project can be started. This has taken the dish room out of service since early February, requiring the use of disposable tableware to serve our guests. Just a few days ago, we got the dish room back up and running. Now, Lord willing, the actual work on the first phase of the Cedar Lodge renovation project will begin later this year.
- With all of the lights from The Lights of Christmas now back in storage tubs, it is time to start testing each string of lights and making needed repairs. This will take the next seven months to complete. There is a small group of staff and volunteers who are working on this project as they have time, but it is a daunting task to check all 1.2 million lights! Please pray that God will send ample workers to make “light work” of this huge job. Next year when you see all of those lights at the Camp during December, remember the people who made sure they would all light up!
- A major refurbishment project is underway in the bunkhouse cabins at W-Bar-B Ranch. New windows have just been installed. Work still to be done includes repainting the interiors, putting down new flooring, and installing new siding. We are also trying to secure funding to install decks on the cabins, as well.
- Several projects are in the works for this spring. Carpeting in Program Center Meeting Rooms B and C has been installed. The carpeting in Meeting Room A and the exterior painting at the Program Center is waiting for additional funding. The railing project in the courtyard at the Program Center is waiting for volunteer labor. And, plans are in the works to repaint the exterior of one of the Camp’s dorm houses. If you would be interested in volunteering to help with any of these projects, contact Jessica Beach at the Camp at 800-228-6724 or email@example.com.